About the monastery

Church of the Holy Prince Peter and Princess Fevronia

According to historical photos the chapel with the prayer house which was located behind a monastery fence down the street Taganskaya (former street Semenovskaya) was completely recreated in 2012 - 2014. 

Church of the Holy Prince Peter and Princess Fevronia

avatar.png

According to historical photos the chapel with the prayer house which was located behind a monastery fence down the street Taganskaya (former street Semenovskaya) was completely recreated in 2012 - 2014. The building was destroyed during the years of hard times. On the remains of the old Foundation a new building was built. All utilities were organized (water, electricity, heat). Walls-brickwork, mosaic icons of the Holy virgin and Holy apostles Cover the walls on the outside. A mosaic icon of saints Peter and Fevronia of Murom decorates the wall on the altar side.

Inside the building, there is a large font for the baptizing of adults (the walls of the font are lined with blue mosaic), a candle box (you can organize baptism and wedding, order a service, buy candles, icons, spiritual literature). There is also an entrance hall with clothes hangers and large tables where babies can be swaddled, a public toilet. Walls in the corridors and at the candle box are decorated with Venetian plaster, the temple wall a decorated with paintings (biblical subjects, the lives of the saints Peter and Fevronia of Murom). There is a forged choir place and a spiral staircase (for a choir of 4 people), a new chandelier, a sconce, new church utensils (icons, candlesticks, canon) in the temple. The baptizing also has a small font for the baptism of babies, a dressing room for adults; the walls of the font are decorated with the paintings: «Symbol of faith» and "Our father", as well as with icons of the Baptism of the Lord and the Guardian Angel. The floors are covered with marble tiles.

On February 27, 2014, with the blessing of his Holiness Patriarch KIRILL, Archbishop Theognost of Sergiev Posad, Chairman of the Synodal Department for monasteries and monasticism, dedicate to God the first Church in Moscow in honor of St. Peter and Fevronia and served the first divine Liturgy in the newly consecrated Church.

On March 06, 2014 permission to put the building into operation was obtained.

On April 29, 2014, the certificate of state registration of ownership of the building was received.

1-1.jpg

Galleria

Read further

The Necropolis

Certificate of registration of the media. AL № FS77-59984

© 2010. All rights reserved. Pokrovsky Stavropigialny womens monastery of the intercession Outpost of the city of Moscow

Monastery grounds

New martyrs of the monastery of the intercession

Childrens shelter

Matrona Of Moscow

News and events

A farmstead to the Trinity-Lykovo

Pokrovsky women's monastery

Pokrovsky Stavropigialny women's monastery of the intercession of the Outpost - one of the attractions around the capital city of Moscow.

Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin

Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin. May 29, 2007 Built in 1806-1810 g.

Church Of The Resurrection

Church Of The Resurrection Of The Word. May 29, 2007, was Initially built in 1772 In 1853, was rebuilt by the architect M. D. Bykovsky

The Belltower

According to the inventory of 1763, the belltower of the Intercession monastery was stone, with eight bells and a german clock.

The Holy Spring

The Holy Spring was recreated in 2005.

Church of the Holy Prince Peter and Princess Fevronia

According to historical photos the chapel with the prayer house which was located behind a monastery fence down the street Taganskaya (former street Semenovskaya) was completely recreated in 2012 - 2014. 

The Necropolis

The monastery necropolis was one of the largest in Moscow.

The compound of the Intersection convent in the village of Markovo

The history of the Kazan Church of the village Markovo began in the XVII century, when Astrakhan Governor Prince Yakov Nikitich Odoevsky bought Markovo and its neighboring Malakhov.

The compound of the Intercession Сonvent in Troitse-Lykovo in Strogino district of Moscow

Troitse-Lykovo is located in the West of Moscow (Strogino district)

Temple in honor of the Holy blessed Matrona of Moscow

The construction of the temple in honor of the holy righteous Blessed Matrona of Moscow began at the intersection of the Warsaw highway and the Moscow Ring Road from the outside of the road around the 33rd km in 2008.

Schedule of services

Meal for pilgrims

Newfound

Spiritual reading

Interpretation on the gospel

Monasticism

Contacts