About the monastery

Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin

Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin. May 29, 2007 Built in 1806-1810 g.

Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin
14.jpeg
Church Of The Intercession Of The Virgin. May 29, 2007 Built in 1806-1810 g.

according to the inventory of 1763, the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God was stone, single-headed, with the chapel of St. John of Damascus. In 1806 the Church of the Intercession of the mother of God was demolished. Two-storey stone, cross-shaped one-head Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God, founded in 1806, committed in 1810, the dependence of the willing and the efforts of the Builder Jonah. Here are the thrones: at the top of the Intercession of the Mother of God, on the right side of St. Peter and Paul, on the left of St. Nicholas, at the bottom of St. Jonah, on the sides of the aisles in the name of St. Hilarion the great and Neil Stolobensky. Thus the churches of the monastery contain in itself, in the order of the nine ranks of angels, nine of the thrones. In the upper Church of the intercession, the restored and decorated with ionous throne was consecrated in 1825 by Archbishop Filaret of Moscow.

in 1929, a decree was issued to close the monastery. After 66 years of devastation and desolation in 1995, with the blessing of his Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and all Russia, the intercession convent of the stauropigion was renewed here with the appointment of the abbess of the monastery of the nun Theophany (Miskina).

on April 4, 1998, his Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and all Russia consecrated the 1st floor of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God and the crosses of the resurrection and intercession churches.

on November 22, 1999, his Holiness Patriarch Alexy II of Moscow and all Russia consecrated the Church of the Intercession of the Holy virgin.

Galleria

Read further

Church Of The Resurrection

Certificate of registration of the media. AL № FS77-59984

© 2010. All rights reserved. Pokrovsky Stavropigialny womens monastery of the intercession Outpost of the city of Moscow